December 27, 2012

Top 12 Of 2012

As 2012 comes to an end it only seems appropriate to do a "Top 12 Of 2012."  Basically showing you my top 12 most loved beauty products that I've used/purchased during 2012.  If you've tried any of these products let me know down below in a comment!  What were your favorite beauty products of 2012?
1. Urban Decay Naked Palette:  I got this palette in December of '11 exactly a year ago.  Even though I haven't hit pan on any of the shadows I can promise you that I have used this for the majority of 2012.  I use almost every single eye shadow except for the last two to the right.  On the days when I'm in a rush my go-to shadows are Naked & Buck, I will use Naked all over the lid and then use a blending brush and apply Buck on the crease.
2. Benefit They're Real Mascara:  Just like the Naked Palette I'm sure you've heard about this product before, I'm not usually one that likes to go and spend $23 on a mascara but considering all the hype that this mascara has had I decided to buy it. This mascara is amazing, it separates your lashes really well and it adds length.  I really do love this mascara a lot and definitely see myself repurchasing it in the future.
3. Maybelline 24hr Color Tattoo in "Bad to the Bronze":  This is a shimmering bronze, it's a great eye shadow base since it does not crease at all. This is a great base when worn over golden or bronzy eye shadows.  I also like wearing this on it's own and blending it out around the edges, it looks like you've put time and effort in your eye makeup when really you're only wearing one cream eye shadow.
4. EOS Lip Balms: This is a great lip balm, it feels very hydrating on the lips and leaves your lips feeling really soft especially now in the winter months. They also taste really good. EOS lip balms are probably my favorite lip balms, considering the fact that I have five of them lying around in my room.
5. Revlon Lip Butter in "Raspberry Pie":  This color can be described as a magenta pink or a hot pink.  It's a beautiful color. It can apply sheer if you'd like it to or you can pack on the color on your lips so it can show true to color as it does on the tube.  I will either wear this alone or line my lips and fill them in with a Revlon Lipliner in "Wine" and then apply the lip butter and it looks gorgeous and stays on all day.  The Revlon lip butters are very moisturizing on your lips so there's no need to worry about your lips getting dry through out the day.
6 & 7. M.A.C. Lipsticks in "Creme in Your Coffe" & "Syrup":  I only have a couple of MAC lipsticks but these two have got to be my favorites of them all.  Both are colors that you can wear on a daily basis.  Creme in your Coffee is a cremesheen and it's a pinky-brown.  Basically "your lips but better."  Syrup is a lustre and it's a natural every day kind of pink.  
8. Stila long Wear Lip Color in "Daring":  This is a deep burgundy color, very similar to MAC's Diva & Dark Side lipsticks.  One of my favorite lip colors to wear, definitely recommend you wear a lip liner with this. Like the name says it's long wear, it stays on my lips for most of the day.  Just the occasional touch up here and there.  This has a semi matte finish, it does not dry out my lips at all. 
L-R: Revlon lip butter "Raspberry Pie," MAC lipstick in "Creme in your Coffe" & "Syrup," Stila Lip Color in "Daring"
9. NARS Blush in "Oasis":  This is a pink-champagne blush with shimmer in it.  The shimmer is not overwhelming where your face is going to look like a disco ball, it's a very subtle shimmer.  I personally don't like blushes with shimmer in them with this blush being the only exception.  I find myself always grabbing for this blush on a daily basis.  This blush works great with almost every makeup look that you do.  Of course like any other NARS blush this is long wearing, it stays on from the moment you apply it to the moment you take your makeup off.
10. M.A.C. Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in "Medium Plus":  This is an amazing setting powder after you've applied your foundation.  I have oily skin so this works amazing on my skin, it gives my face a matte finish and helps my foundation stay on all day.  This also works amazing on it's own.  There are days when I don't have time to apply foundation on so i'll just grab this powder and a kabuki brush (best way to apply this powder in general) and dust it all over my face and it gives me a light coverage.  
11. Urban Decay Naked Skin Liquid Foundation:  This foundation has a light to medium coverage.  Since I bought this foundation in August this has literally been the ONLY foundation I've used since then.  This foundation looks very natural on the skin, you don't get the feeling that you're wearing foundation since it's not heavy at all on the skin.  There are nights when I get home so tired and don't have the energy to wash my makeup off and I will fall sleep with this foundation on and I have NEVER broken out from it, if I were to do this with any of my other foundations I can guarantee that I will wake up with a pimple on my face.  I definitely think all skin types can use this foundation and get great results from it not just oily skin like myself.  I am absolutely in LOVE with this foundation.
12. O.P.I. Nail Polish in "Steady As She Rose":  This my favorite nail polish and the one I found myself reaching for the most this year.  This nail polish is a neutral light purple/lilac.  This nail polish is a gorgeous neutral color that can go with just about anything. Can also be worn whenever, it doesn't matter what season it is. (I don't think the picture below does this nail polish justice.) 

If you have any questions regarding any of the products that I've mentioned please leave me a comment down below and I will be sure to get back to you. Thank you.

-KarlyMichelleM


2 comments:

  1. Great products - I have heard so many good things about the Urban Decay palettes, I really need to get my hands on one!!

    I have an international giveaway on my blog, hope you will enter..
    http://beautyandlifestylehunter.blogspot.com.au/2012/12/face-of-australia-international-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, you definitely should they are kind of pricey but so worth it!!

      Delete